Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Junk = The Junk Gypsies

I totally forgot about the Junk Gypsies until I came across their show the other day.....
 
Here's a chair cover they made.....Funky!
This is a mirror! It's made from plastic flowers, beads and a turquose painted tire.
 
They're two Texas sisters who are designers and have a show on HGTV.  I don't know if they're trained designers and don't really have a minute right now to do some research and find out, but nevertheless, I love them!  I love their brand, style of dress and their design aesthetic, even though I'm neither a country girl, nor from the south.  Their brand and design style is very southern and I love it. 

I like lots of design styles, like modern, mid-century modern, country (not the ducks and hearts kind of country) French country, vintage, bohemian, southwestern - lots of styles and as you know by now, I LOVE vintage and anything old and handmade, which is probably why I really like what these ladies create. 

They find "junk" everywhere and they sure can put a room together that's funky (really funky), bohemian, artsy, old, vintage, farm-y and it looks so good in the end.  Certainly their style isn't going to appeal to everyone, but I love hippie, bohemian, granola, flea market-y, homes, people, and stuff. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment