Friday, February 15, 2013

New Illustration: Olina

 tracyvilleolina_zps8044e709.jpg
"Olina Natascha"
mixed media illustration on paper
8" x 10"
print available here
 
Okay, it's 11:44 am my time and this post when live hours ago, but I suddenly had the need to Google the name I gave this piece.  I have never heard the name Olina before. It literally popped into my head last night when I looked at her and then I wanted her to have a middle name to go with it. For some reason with this character, Russian kept coming to mind and I thought perfect, Olina sounds like it could be a Russian name - to me.
 
Now, after Googling the name and finding that it wasn't made up, it really is a name and one that is Hawaiian in origin and means 'joyous' (according to Google). Joyous! I found the meaning to be very ironic because the whole premise of my work is based on that word. So I guess she was appropriately named. Too funny!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to leave a comment for a while because I love your art!! My daughters and I love looking at your work together. We like to see what you come up with. Very unique!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so moved. It delights me endlessly that you and your daughters share my work together. Thank you very much for sharing this with me.

    Truly,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete