Friday, February 21, 2014

Photo-Booth Friday: Divine Interiors


For this segment of Photo-Booth Friday, I'm sharing some pics I happened upon this week of spaces that I deem delicious, interesting, unique, funky and all around captivating. 


One of my passions is interior design. I LOVE design and anything that has to do with houses - decorating, revamping, furnishing, altering, buying, selling, flipping...all of it!


I'm intrigued by the idea of a house versus a home, the many different structures that different folks live in, how people take care of their home, the furniture and bits and bobs they put inside their spaces, the things that go on their walls and the like. All of that resonates with me. 

Hot space!

I'm also smitten with non-traditional, unpredictable, unique, out-of-the-box living spaces (I'll show you what I mean in next week's segment of Photo-Booth Friday) that really speak to an individual's individuality.

Take the above space for example. All the different patterns from the wallpaper to the pillows and bedspreads to the rugs are quite busy, yet it's still working for me. I like a bohemian look!


Mmm...lofty! I love me a loft and it would be a slappy-happy dream to put together a loft space and fill it with unique, artsy and funky treasures. Although, I would counter balance all the funky goodness with some toned down and perhaps traditional pieces and together it would be an uber hot masterpiece. At least in my mind it would be hot. (lol)

Groovy indeed!

And I'm loving these hanging lamps and the bold, black outlines (swoon, swoon). Love them! 


I would seriously love to be here on a rainy day with a good cup of tea, a good book and a supreme piece of genuine French pastry...on a Sunday afternoon. Oh, and let's not forget the petite window nearby, that allows you to see the rain falling and beckons you to listen to the song of raindrops clinging to car tires and falling from rooftops. Ahhh... 

Helloooo...Tracy...wake up...! 

Oops, I feel off into a Sunday afternoon dreamscape. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?


Okay, so back to what I was saying...

I love most everything about this workspace. The floor, chairs, table, hanging lamps, the letters, the door and window allowing the natural light to peek through. I even like the worn out floor...I think? I might have to do something with that floor; perhaps a carefully curated Moroccan rug. Anyway, this space has my name all over it. Yum! 

Photo Sources: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment