Sunday, March 16, 2014

Helpful Tidbit: Use Jars To Organize Your Craft Supplies

1. 

Looking for neat ways to store and organize your craft supplies? Here ya go. Today's post is all about glass jars - recycled food jars, mason jars, short jars, tall jars, new jars, old jars, all kinds of jars. So much of the materials we work with can be stored in them. Have a look at these photos to get some ideas and go get yourself some jars. Tell your friends and family not to throw their food jars away when they're done with them so you can recycle away!!

2. 

3. 

4. 

5

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and your timing is amazing because I just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. There is no recycling service in my area so I have boxes of empty washed glass jars (from spaghetti sauce, jam, etc.) that are just taking up space since there is no where to recycle and I can't bear to throw them out. A few weeks ago I decided to fill some of the jars with the colorful glass beads I use for making jewelry. Now I get to see all the vibrant colors anytime I pass by my workspace and not just when I'm crafting. I like the labeling you've done on these jars. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so great to hear Rachel! It was very exciting to read your comment. I'm in total agreement about not being able to throw the jars away. Recycled food jars are awesome! The different sizes, shapes, heights...and they're so functional in many ways. I love 'em! Also, sometimes the tops aren't so attractive, so now I'm looking into creative ways to embellish those with different materials. I'll probably turn my experimenting into a tutorial so stay tuned. My diy adventures never end. Yay! Thanks again for your wonderful comment!

      Delete