Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Beloved Thrift Shop Ring

This is what a couple of bucks can buy at the local thrift store.....


....a unique ring from a land far, far away - perhaps Mumbai, Burma, Marrakesh, Cairo, Istanbul, maybe even Peru. Well, if I'm being honest, I really don't know if it's actually from a far off land.  I just made that part up to make our little tale just a bit more intriguing, exotic even.


Though I'm making up tall tales, I may not be that far off, for upon close inspection, our little ring looks to be handmade. My first thought when I first laid eyes on it was Morocco - that this little ring traveled from somewhere in the middle east (though I know Morocco is actually Africa, it feels like the Middle East to me).  

Without me initiating anything about the mystery ring, a friend asked if it was from Asia. At first I thought Asia? Really? My mind was still planted on the whole Middle Eastern thing and then, my mouth quickly spewed out "Tibet" and my friend said, "yeah, Tibet....it does look like it could be from Tibet." 

Well, I don't know from whence it came, nor do I know the adventures and possible countries it has seen, but this little ring is already very special to me and is ready for some new travels and adventures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment