Thursday, July 28, 2016

Doodle No. 23 : You Are What You Say You Are


Most of us have encountered that person who attempts to define others (let's name him/her "The Definer"). Examples: when the subject of ethnicity comes up and they say "you don't look insert ethnicity here" as if they know what ALL the world's people look like (most all afro latinos know what I'm talking about here), or someone says that they're bisexual and 'The Definer' says, "ah, you're just gay".  This doodle was inspired by the world's many "definers" - who, unbeknownst to them, don't have the power to define anyone, but themselves.

NOTE:  While reading this back to myself, it struck me that it sounds like a personal experience post, but actually, it came from many posts I've read in my travels on Instagram - the place where I'm getting much of my inspiration from these days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment